Main Activities of AKYA
- The teaching of the Kriya Yoga technique
- Facilitation of group meditation
- Dissemination of information about Kriya Yoga by means of lectures, seminars and retreats
- Distribution of Kriya Yoga books and literature
The Australia Kriya Yoga Association (AKYA) is a non-profit organization promoting the authentic original Kriya Yoga in Australia, as taught by Paramahamsa Hariharananda, Paramahamsa Prajnanananda or by the Kriya Yoga teachers authorized by them.
AKYA was incorporated as an association in New South Wales, Australia, on 28 July 2004 (INC9882133).
The Association is affiliated with Prajnana Mission in India and Kriya Yoga International Organizations.
Prajnana Mission was founded in 1993 by Paramahamsa Prajnanananda on the advice and divine guidance of his Guru Paramahamsa Hariharananda. Paramahamsa Prajnananandaji is the president of the Kriya organizations founded by Paramahamsa Hariharananda and the current head of a great lineage of the Kriya Yoga Guru tradition.
People already initiated into Kriya Yoga can become a member of the association.
The annual membership for 2019 is $60 AUD.
Prajnananandaji has strongly encouraged us all to become active and dynamic members of AKYA.
AKYA membership is renewed annually, and brings with it a range of benefits and opportunities to deepen your understanding of Kriya Yoga:
- Free subscription to "STITHA PRAJNA" – the quarterly publication from Prajnana Mission, filled with teachings, stories, events and information from our Kriya community here and across the globe
- Discounts on certain AKYA retreats, programs and activities
- Voting rights in respect of the AKYA AGM and special meetings of members, as well as the opportunity to nominate for the AKYA National Committee.
In addition to the great benefits that you get, having you as a member gives AKYA improved standing with various government organisations, allowing us to better advocate for and pursue our objectives and work. And the more members we have, the more we can work to expand and better serve our community and our masters.
People initiated in 2018 have a complimentary membership for 2019. Also, past members need not fill in the application form again.
Click here for a printable membership application form
Please fill in the application form and send it by post to the following address:
Australia Kriya Yoga Association
West Pennant Hills NSW 2125
along with your payment by cheque or money order payable to Australia Kriya Yoga Association.